Orange Pineapple Syrup
Crushed pineapple and orange marmalade add citrusy flair to this syrup. It'll make plain pancakes, waffles or French toast extra special.—Lorrie McCurdy, Farmington, New Mexico
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugars and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the pineapple, marmalade and maple flavoring. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 162 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Orange Pineapple Syrup in Quick Cooking January/February 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.