- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Peel sweet potatoes; core apples. Cut potatoes, apples and orange crosswise into 1/4-in.-thick slices. Arrange on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, mix orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and ginger. Microwave, covered, on high, stirring every 30 seconds until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Place pork over sweet potato mixture; drizzle with orange juice mixture. Roast until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and sweet potatoes and apples are tender, 45-55 minutes longer. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forOrange-Glazed Pork with Sweet Potatoes
"This was AWFUL.. I wasted my money buying the ingredients. I found the cinnamon and ginger overbearing. Some of the sweet potatoes and apples were crunchy.. The pork was way over cooked. I made as directed on recipe baking suggestion was 45-55 minutes, I went in the middle.. 50. Horrible recipe... just awful... I expected much more. I tossed the remainder of the dinner and the recipe along with it... awful.. sad. This was more of a dessert.. made me think of Thanksgiving pie.. pork had no flavor, just dry and overdone. I do love sweet potatoes and the addition of oranges caught my eye... Next time I will rethink."
"Meat was tasteless, oranges were aromatic but difficult to eat. Followed the recipe exactly. Needs tweaking to be good."
"We reallly enjoyed this recipe. The flavors were great. I substituted thyme and parsley for the cinnamon and ginger. I also put garlic powder and onion powder on the pork. the sweet and savory combination was really good. I bought one pork loin that was thicker than some can be and it was really juicy. It is 1.5 lbs."
"this was a really good flavor combo. worth the effort. Love the orange and apples over sweet potatoes with cinnamon and ginger, yum. my cuts of meat were smaller, so I over cooked it in an hour. my bad, but a good recipe. I would have loved this without the meat and more sweet potatoes. would be a great sweet potato recipe"
"I made the mistake of buying 2--2# lions so I had 4 pieces not 2. The meat was still pink after 80 minutes and the veggies were not tender. There were 8 of us and I know the 2--1# lions would not have been enough. We had very little left over out of the 4--1#ers. All in all it is ok"