No-Churn Gingerbread Ice Cream
Thanksgiving or Christmas is gingerbread time! And this ice cream says it all. I've found that dark brown sugar works better than light. —Jacqueline, McComas, Paoli, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes8 servings (1 quart)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place heavy cream and marshmallow creme in a food processor; process 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients; process until thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to freezer containers, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze until firm, 8 hours or overnight.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 325 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as GINGERBREAD ICE CREAM in Simple & Delicious December/January 2019
Jan 8, 2019
The blender didn't seem to thicken anything. I went from seconds to minutes. I thought it would be a fun addition to our holiday celebration, but I didn't have many takers. I don't think I'll try it again.