No-Knead Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
My cousin gave this recipe to my mother many years ago. My mother shared it with me, and I have been making it ever since. The rolls are so amazingly moist and tender, especially right out of the oven. —Kathleen Gill, Miles City, Montana
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, butter, sugar, salt, pie spice, yeast mixture and 1 cup flour; beat on medium speed 3 minutes until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Do not knead. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For filling, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir down dough, beating about 25 times; turn dough onto a well-floured surface (dough will be sticky). Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place in a greased 9-in. round pan, cut side down. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool slightly. Mix frosting ingredients; spread over warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 250 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as No knead Pumpkin Cinnamon buns in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018