Here’s a hearty, home-style omelet for two that’s ready in a jiffy and will keep you satisfied all morning long. —Diana Howard, Ava, Illinois
Recommended: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onions, mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture on one side and sprinkle with cheeses; fold other side over filling. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Pepper Omelet in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p43
Reviews forMushroom Pepper Omelet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2011
"Family loved this recipe!"