I found a mock eggnog recipe in a newspaper, made a few changes and this is the result. Our family loves it during the holidays.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 quarts
- 2 quarts cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla or vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional nutmeg, optional
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and salt if desired. In another bowl, beat cream until thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir into pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 258 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Mock Eggnog in Country December/January 2001
Nov 23, 2017
I used French Vanilla pudding for this. Myou family loved it!
Dec 8, 2014
This was much thinner and not as sweet as eggnog. It also did not have that distinct eggnog flavor. Not sure how to adjust the recipe.