Spiced Eggnog Rum Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup eggnog, divided
- 1-3/4 teaspoons rum extract, divided
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Colored sugar or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, 1/3 cup eggnog and 1 teaspoon extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, ginger and allspice; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half and shape each portion into a disk; cover and refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/4-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, remaining extract and enough remaining eggnog to achieve a drizzling consistency; drizzle over cookies. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 114 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2018
I'm so glad I tried this recipe! It's very easy to prepare and everyone who's sampled the cookies think they're amazing!
Dec 16, 2018
These are my new favorite Christmas cookies. They are easy to make and absolutely delightful.