Eggnog Cream with Spiced Pecan Raisin Dunkers
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- EGGNOG CREAM:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 jars (7 ounces each) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oil and eggs until well blended. Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Divide dough in half. On baking sheets, roll each portion between two sheets of parchment paper into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Meanwhile, In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme, extract, nutmeg and cinnamon until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Remove top sheet of parchment paper from dough. Cut each dough rectangle in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1-in. strips. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. (Refrigerate any remaining strips until ready to bake.) Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 4 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Sprinkle eggnog cream with additional nutmeg; serve with dunkers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup eggnog cream with 3 dunkers: 448 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 28, 2016
These are amazing! So easy and the nutmeg cream is divine. Someone asked why it's called egg nog cream when there's no egg nog in it - the ingredients (like nutmeg) make it taste like egg nog. I'm going to try making the dunkers with different flavors of cake mix for other times of year - like butter pecan, chocolate and maybe even strawberry - yum!
Jan 20, 2016
As an egg nog fan, this recipe was amazing. So quick and easy! To save time, I may just serve the dip with cinnamon graham crackers or something similar next time.
Nov 7, 2015
I'm just curious why it's called eggnog cream- there's no eggnog in it ?? It wouldn't let me post this without a star so I gave it 4 since it sounds good, though I haven't made it yet.