- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Fold in the pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 3 minutes (cake will fall in the center). Spoon the marshmallow creme over cake; carefully spread to cover top. Cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cocoa, vanilla and enough milk to achieve frosting consistency. Fold in pecans. Spread over marshmallow creme layer. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forMississippi Mud Cake
"This recipe is soooo good. I love to serve this for potlucks!"
"This cake is beyond delicious! It tastes like the best brownie you've ever had.I used all-purpose flour and had no problem. This is a keeper!!!!!"
"This is a yummy dessert. This is one of the first recipes my teenager learned to make and, unfortunately for my waist line, she wants to make it frequently!"
"This is too heavy to be called a cake..it is definely a brownie..really rich and maybe a little too sweet.."
"If you like pecans, you will probably really like this recipe."
"I love this cake!! I just read about the person that wrote about making it with all purpose flour ,that is what I will do next time I make it.I have only made this one time but will definitely make again this way.Thanks for the tip."
"We all just love it. I can't help but say mmmmmmm with each bite. Once we accidentally used plain flour instead of self rising and liked it even better."
"This is one of those gooey treats that you can't wait to dig into. It is super rich, but so very delicious! I am already planning to make it again! chocolate and marshmallow - a guaranteed pleaser!"
"Really a kids cake, I think. This is an intensely rich, super sweet cake. My son liked it enough that he asked to have it as his birthday cake, but without the pecans, which he didn't like. I didn't like it as well as I thought I would, just because after a few bites it's really plenty. But kids have a great tolerance for sweetness. Really"