- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 French rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cotto salami
- 1/4 pound sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Hollow out tops and bottoms of rolls, leaving 3/4-in. shells (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread olive mixture over tops and bottoms of rolls. On roll bottoms, layer the hard salami, provolone cheese, cotto salami and mozzarella cheese. Replace tops. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight. Cut each into six wedges; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forMini Muffuletta
"I love this recipe! I have been making it for a few years now and always get many compliments! The only change I made is that I don't add the Mozzarella. I think the provolone cheese is enough."
"I've made a similar recipe out of a large round of bread. I love the idea of smaller bites!! I also place a heavy pan or dishes on top of them to "press" the sandwiches. Thanks so much for posting!"
"I have made this many times, excellent make-ahead item for parties. Sometimes I add a little mayo and mustard to the top layer only for flavor. They're always a hit!"
"What would there be 'not' to like about these?? This recipe is definately going in my 'recipe box'!!Kitzer ~ >^..^< ~ meow"
"Like the idea of this make ahead muffuletta.Will make it for Easter snacks."
"I found that making the Muffuletta with real cheeses and the meats it was too expensive. But I thought of a few ideas and I find that corned beef sliced thick makes a great substitute along with thinly sliced mozzarella cheese... I would DEFINATELY make this again whenever I have unexpected guests over. It's a great recipe that everyone loves!"
"these look delish!!! i havn't made them yet!!! next time a shower comes up at our church these will be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"