Like your drinks with a south-of-the-border vibe? Try this kicked-up beer cocktail that’s a zesty mix of Mexican lager, lime juice and hot sauce. There are many variations, but this easy recipe is perfect for rookie mixologists. —Ian Cliffe, Milwaukee, WI
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- Coarse salt
- Lime wedge
- Ice cubes
- 6 dashes hot sauce, such as Valentina or Tabasco
- 3 dashes Maggi seasoning or soy sauce
- 1 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer, such as Corona, Modelo or Tecat
- Place coarse salt in a shallow dish; run lime wedge around rim of a 1-pint glass. Dip rim of glass into salt, shaking off excess. Fill glass with ice; add hot sauce, Maggi seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and lime juice. Pour beer over ice. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve immediately.