- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Garlic salt to taste
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 24 cooked meatballs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Crumble meatballs into the sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and ricotta cheese. Spoon 1 cup of the meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the noodles, ricotta mixture, meat sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forMeatball Lasagna
"this is going into oven as its just assembled. I had frozen a batch of meatballs that I made from scratch, had about a dozen&used those, also since I grow parsley I used that instead of dried. on a sheet pan in case of spillage. will report after baked&hopefully enjoyed.well, husband walked in hungry for dinner, had to wait for when my olive/jalapeno/olive oil bread to finish baking. I got him a large portion with bread&salad. he gulped it up like a half starved animal, de-lish!"
"I like the idea of meatballs that are already made. quick preparation. Nice for a cold winter supper."
"Huge hit - zero leftovers. The only changes I made were to use no-bake lasagna sheets and I cut the meatballs in half instead of crumbling them so it was obvious that this was a meatball lasagna."
"This was very good. I made it one day ahead to save time & it came out perfect."
"I replace the meatballs with Italian sausage, and it always comes out perfect!"
"This recipe was terrific. easy to make and a way to use up lots of frozen meatballs. The left-overs are fantastic too!"
"This is an excellent recipe. I made no changes to this. This is a keeper."