Wrap leftovers in cellophane and hand them out as favors-if they haven't all disappeared by the end of the party.—Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 12 ounces white candy coating
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Paste food coloring, optional
- 36 lollipop sticks
- 1 package (10 ounces) large marshmallows (about 36)
- Colored sugar
- Assorted toppings: candy eyes, assorted nonpareils, licorice and sour straws
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- Insert one lollipop stick into each marshmallow. Dip marshmallows in melted candy coating, turning to coat; allow excess to drip off. Roll in colored sugar. Place a dab of melted candy coating onto assorted toppings; decorate faces as desired. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Originally published as Chocolate Covered Marshmallows in Halloween Bookazine 2015