Maple-Mocha Brownie Torte
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls or additional walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare batter for brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Stir in walnuts. Pour into two greased 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from the edge comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream and coffee granules until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the brown sugar, maple flavoring and vanilla.
- Spread 1-1/2 cups over one brownie layer; top with second layer. Spread remaining cream mixture over top and sides of torte. Garnish with chocolate curls or walnuts if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Dec 29, 2015
It was amazing! Has anyone tried using Half & Half instead of heavy cream, in order to cut down on the fat & the calories? How did that work out?
Dec 28, 2015
Wow....there's always a big complainer. Kaidenlol100 probably doesn't like coffee and should therefore stay away from coffee recipes. This recipe is quick and easy to make and is delicious. I will make it again! I have shared the recipes on with other actually, and they will enjoy this torte as well!
Nov 28, 2015
Feb 22, 2015
This cake is fully of flavor never had this before very very tasty it was gone in two days making another now in using black walnuts
Nov 20, 2014
Simply delicious !!!!!!!!
Mar 1, 2014
I was having company for dinner and the only brownie mix I could find was for an 8x8 or 9x9 size so I used two packages and used 3 cake pans (extra one for my neighbour)- I fallowed the recipe exactly and it was amazing- I do believe it was even better the next day- This is definitely a keeper and it's ease of preparation makes it a "go to" recipe for me- Thanks everyone loved it-
Jan 11, 2014
the flavor is so good and it turned out so well
May 7, 2013
Soooo good. Everyone loved it. Maybe too much coffee for some you may want to cut down on the instant coffee.. I could not but the batter in two round pans so I used a 9x13 glass dish and cut in half when I removed it. Careful tho- You must grease the dish heavily or cake will break when removed. Wonderful cake!!
Apr 20, 2013
The flavor of this recipe is fantastic! My brownies stuck to the pan, so I pulled them out in chunks and layered them in a glass bowl with the mocha mixture - like a trifle.
Nov 10, 2012
AWESOME!! The only thing I did different was use Maxwell House Int. Cappuccino because I don't like instant coffee. Also, pay attention to the bake time on the recipe, it's different than the brownie mix...it's done sooner than the mix. This recipe is so heavenly, you have to try it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.