Maple-Glazed Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnaps
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Line a 9-in. pie pan with the bottom crust. Place half of the apples in the crust; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sugars, gingersnaps, cinnamon, nuts and butter; sprinkle half over apples in crust. Top with remaining apples and sugar mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut a few slits in the top and place over apples; seal. Cover loosely with foil and bake at 375° for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring syrup to a gentle boil in a small saucepan. Remove pie from oven; remove foil and brush hot syrup over pie and into vents. Return pie to oven and bake, uncovered, 20 minutes longer. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 525 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 19, 2018
This is one of the best apple pies I've ever tasted. No one believes that it is homemade because of it's glazed maple top coat (which makes it taste wonderful!)
Sep 10, 2011
I've made this for my husband's grandfather several times - made him declare me a "professional pie maker" (and it was the first time I'd ever made a pie!). :)
Oct 8, 2010
Our favorite way to enjoy apple pie. Absolutely delicious and very pretty presentation as well.
Oct 5, 2009
BEST apple pie recipe I've ever had! I normally have one piece just to see how my pie turned out and then leave the rest for the family. Well, I have to fight myself to let the kids and hubby have more than one piece of this!