- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain peaches, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Cut peach slices lengthwise in half; pat dry.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, 1 tablespoon melted butter, spices and reserved juice; spread into a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange peach slices over top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together egg, vanilla, buttermilk and remaining butter. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Spoon over peaches.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Peach Upside-Down Cake
"The topping was sweeter than expected...probably because the peaches were canned in heavy syrup. Will try recipe with fresh or frozen fruit next time. Couldn't find my 9" pan, so used an 8" and baked about 15 minutes longer. It was wonderful served warm with whipped cream."
"This is really good. I have made it several times. The peaches are a nice change of pace from traditional pineapple upside-down cake."