- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 to 16 sandwich buns, split
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove the centers from the tops and bottoms of each bun. Tear remove bread into small pieces; add to skillet. Set buns aside. Stir in remaining ingredients into sausage mixture. Spoon about 1/3 cupful onto the bottom of each bun; replace tops. Wrap individually in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through or freeze for up to 3 months. To use frozen sandwiches: Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forMake-Ahead Sloppy Joes
"My husband loved these, said they were one of best recipes I had made in a while. I personally didn't think they were that spectacular, but I will definitely keep a batch of them in the freezer"