Little Pigs in a Hammock
Pigs in a blanket aren't just for children anymore! Everybody enjoys this grown-up version. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 round (8 ounces) Camembert cheese
- 18 miniature smoked sausages
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425°. Unfold puff pastry. Cut each pastry into nine squares. Cut each square into two triangles. In a small bowl, mix jam and mustard; spread over triangles. Cut cheese in half crosswise; cut each half into nine wedges.
- Top each triangle with a cheese piece and a sausage. Fold pastry over sausage and cheese; press to seal. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg with water. Brush over pastries. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 211 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Oui Little Pigs in A Hammock in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.