Pancake Pigs in a Blanket
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes16-18 pancakes (1-1/2 cups syrup)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 16 to 18 pork sausage links, cooked
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, buttermilk and oil; blend into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Roll each pancake around a sausage link.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine sugars and water; bring to a boil. Stir in flavorings. Serve warm with pancakes.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 829 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1502mg sodium, 127g carbohydrate (88g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Jun 30, 2018
This was my 11 year old's request for his birthday breakfast ?? This recipe was simple and delicious! I didn't have buttermilk so I substituted a tablespoon of lemon juice and a cup of milk (then let sit for 5 minutes) and for the remainder I used some plain kefir that I had in the fridge. I also generously oiled the pan. The pancakes were a huge hit!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.