Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- Pink sugar wafer cookies
- 36 large marshmallows, halved
- Butterscotch chips and miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and food coloring. Frost cookies.
- Cut sugar wafers into triangles; place two on each cookie for ears. With a toothpick, poke two holes in each marshmallow half for nostrils; press butterscotch chips into holes. Place noses on cookies; add chocolate chip eyes.
2 each: 232 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.