Limoncello Cream Pie
After a big Christmas dinner, we love the cool refreshment of a frozen lemon pie. Limoncello brings a little sophistication to each smooth, creamy slice. —Jessie Grearson-Sapat, Falmouth, Maine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon curd, divided
- 3 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- Grated lemon zest, optional
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream, half of the lemon curd and all of the limoncello and lemon zest. Spoon into crust. Freeze, covered, several hours or overnight.
- In a microwave, heat chocolate with 1/4 cup cream at 70% power until melted; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form. Beat in marshmallow creme. Fold in remaining curd. With a spatula, fold half of the cream mixture into cooled chocolate mixture just until blended. Fold in remaining cream mixture; spread or pipe over top of pie. Freeze, covered, 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with lemon peel.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without chocolate curls): 536 calories, 32g fat (17g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as “Italian Ice” Lemon Cream Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.