VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 pounds kumquats
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-1/2 cups sugar
- Rinse kumquats; cut in half and remove seeds. Place in a food processor; process until coarsely chopped.
- In a Dutch oven, combine kumquats and water. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into seven hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Originally published as Kumquat Marmalade in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p189