"I couldn't get enough of the sweet-and-citrusy marinade flavoring this grilled chicken," says Mary Hart Easterling, Santa Clarita, California. "So I saved some to drizzle on top."
Recommended: 20 Recipes to Make with Fresh Citrus
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Chopped green onions, orange slices and parsley sprigs, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool. Pour 1-1/3 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4-8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 12-15 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth; stir in reserved marinade. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove and discard skin from chicken. Serve chicken over rice; drizzle with sauce. Garnish with green onions, orange slices and parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey Orange Chicken in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p5