- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forHearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup
"This was excellent! ---but has anyone made this with a white cheese instead of the velveeta? If so, what kind? TIA"
"Very good and if you like you can add cubed leftover ham to this soup."
"Loved this recipe! Great flavor, easy to make."
"I thought this recipe was very flavorful and easy to make. An alteration to this recipe that I suggest is to equally substitute thyme for the parsley."
"This sounded like it would be good but it was outstanding. I even made it with FF milk. So much flavor. I probably added more veggies than called for but that only enhanced the flavor."