Gumbo in a Jiffy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (1-1/2 quarts)
- 1 package (12 ounces) Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook sliced sausage until browned on both sides. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, top with sliced green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 280 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1098mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 29, 2018
This is NOT gumbo. Gumbo MUST contain okra.
Feb 3, 2016
Super easy recipe with alot of flavor. We made in our youth cooking class to celebrate a chapter about the Louisiana Purchase. Would make again! Perhaps next time would also add some okra and perhaps shrimp/chicken too. Thanks for sharing.