- 1 package (12 ounces) smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Sliced green onions, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook sliced sausage until browned on both sides. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, top with sliced green onions.
1 cup: 279 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1197mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.