Gumbo in a Jiffy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with green peppers and onions, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and corn; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 204 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 884mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Feb 3, 2016
Super easy recipe with alot of flavor. We made in our youth cooking class to celebrate a chapter about the Louisiana Purchase. Would make again! Perhaps next time would also add some okra and perhaps shrimp/chicken too. Thanks for sharing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.