Speedy Seafood Gumbo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3 quarts)
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut okra
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water and butter; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine remaining ingredients and remaining water. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, until heated through. Stir in cooked rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 987mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 12, 2014
I think this recipe deserves 3 stars. It definitely tastes great for a "speedy" meal. Obviously compared to gumbo that has been simmering for hours is a whole other story. Anywho, great for a quick meal. Thanks for sharing.
Feb 22, 2014
Jan 14, 2014
ok taste. Expensive to make with 4 condensed gumbo soups, shrimp, and crab.
May 5, 2011
I loved this recipe. I found that if you use the frozen okra and put them in without thawing, than they will not get gummy. Will definitely be making this again.
Jan 1, 2011
Kind of bland & i didn't like the sticky consistency of it. Won't make it again.