Quick & Easy Gumdrops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes64 pieces (1 pound)
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- Red food coloring
- Additional sugar
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water; let stand 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and remaining water to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add gelatin; reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in extract and food coloring as desired.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square pan. Refrigerate, covered, 3 hours or until firm.
- Loosen edges of candy from pan with a knife; turn onto a sugared work surface. Cut into 1-in squares; roll in sugar. Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature until all sides are dry, turning every hour, 3-4 hours. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without additional sugar): 19 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 12, 2018
You won't be able to eat just one. These little gems are addicting! I'll be trying other flavors...but so yummy!
Aug 18, 2014
Great recipe. I used lemon as it's my kids favorite flavor.
Feb 26, 2014
I made them exactly as the recipe suggested and they were awesome, but I think next time I want to try cinnamon flavoring to take it up to the next level :-)
Feb 5, 2014
These were easy to make and had a great taste. I used strawberry extract. I did leave them out over night to dry. My daughter loved them!