Gruesome Green Toes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Green paste food coloring
- 22 Nutter Butter cookies
- 11 Crows candies, halved lengthwise
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Tint green.
- Dip one cookie into candy coating. Let excess drip off and place on waxed paper. Immediately place a candy half, cut side down, on the cookie. Repeat. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 155 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 25, 2015
These are a great idea, but I did not know that you shouldn't use water based/ gel food coloring to color the chocolate and it ruined the chocolate. It dried up kind of and I had to add oil to it to re-hydrate it. Make sure to use " candy coloring" or oil based coloring for coloring chocolate. I learned the hard way. Also, the crows candies are hard to find at my local stores, so I had to substitute them with almond halves to make claw nails. I tried using just dots but the colored nails looked too comical.
Oct 30, 2014
These little guys were a big hit!!!!
Oct 3, 2011
they were a hit at our Halloween party last year. simple and tasty!
Nov 12, 2010
It's really good..
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.