Gruesome Green Toes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + standing
- 12 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Green paste food coloring
- 22 Nutter Butter cookies
- 11 Crows candies, halved lengthwise
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Tint green.
- Dip one cookie into candy coating. Let excess drip off and place on waxed paper. Immediately place a candy half, cut side down, on the cookie. Repeat. Let stand for 15 minutes or until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 155 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Oct 25, 2015
These are a great idea, but I did not know that you shouldn't use water based/ gel food coloring to color the chocolate and it ruined the chocolate. It dried up kind of and I had to add oil to it to re-hydrate it. Make sure to use " candy coloring" or oil based coloring for coloring chocolate. I learned the hard way. Also, the crows candies are hard to find at my local stores, so I had to substitute them with almond halves to make claw nails. I tried using just dots but the colored nails looked too comical.
Oct 30, 2014
These little guys were a big hit!!!!
Oct 3, 2011
they were a hit at our Halloween party last year. simple and tasty!
Nov 12, 2010
It's really good..