Grilled Kiwi-Chicken Kabobs with Honey-Chipotle Glaze Recipe
When guests bite into these juicy grilled kabobs, their eyes always widen with satisfaction. Our four kids are crazy about the spicy-sweet sauce. —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
Recommended: 55 Labor Day Grilling Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 medium kiwifruit, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Combine garlic, lime juice, oil and salt. Add chicken and kiwi; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, up to 30 minutes.
- Mix honey and chipotle peppers. Drain chicken and kiwi, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and kiwi.
- Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat, turning occasionally, until juices run clear, 10-12 minutes. During last 4 minutes, baste frequently with honey-chipotle mixture. Yield: 8 kabobs.
Originally published as Grilled Kiwi-Chicken Kabobs with Honey-Chipotle Glaze in Taste of Home September/October 2017