Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (1 pound) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into sixteen slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into eight slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant crosswise into eight slices. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Blot eggplant dry with paper towels; brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill.
- Top eggplant with mozzarella cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts2 eggplant stacks: 449 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Oct 6, 2018
This comes together so quickly, and I didn't change a thing, except to use sliced cherry tomatoes instead of full sized ones. I loved getting all the flavors of the traditional dish but in a lighter, healthier way. If you don't have a grill, you definitely can do these inside on a grill pan and finish it under the broiler, or on a panini press.
Jul 16, 2018
This is absolutely delicious. I have the Breakstone Griddle/Grill combo. I put them on the griddle for about 5 minutes on each side, then followed the recipe but put them on the grill side covered until the cheese melted.......YUM !!