Grilled Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large eggplant (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 log (1 pound) fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into sixteen slices
- 1 large tomato, cut into eight slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Trim ends of eggplant; cut eggplant crosswise into eight slices. Sprinkle with salt; let stand 5 minutes.
- Blot eggplant dry with paper towels; brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from grill.
- Top eggplant with mozzarella cheese, tomato and Parmesan cheese. Grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese begins to melt. Top with basil.
Nutrition Facts2 eggplant stacks: 449 calories, 31g fat (18g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2018
This comes together so quickly, and I didn't change a thing, except to use sliced cherry tomatoes instead of full sized ones. I loved getting all the flavors of the traditional dish but in a lighter, healthier way. If you don't have a grill, you definitely can do these inside on a grill pan and finish it under the broiler, or on a panini press.
Jul 16, 2018
This is absolutely delicious. I have the Breakstone Griddle/Grill combo. I put them on the griddle for about 5 minutes on each side, then followed the recipe but put them on the grill side covered until the cheese melted.......YUM !!