- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, corn, milk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGriddle Corn Cakes
"Colorado folks like trout fishing & our family loves fresh caught trout. I remember my grandma making corn cakes like these to go with the trout for breakfast (yes, really). What a wonderful breakfast. These corn cakes remind me of hers. These cakes are good with or without trout. Thank you for sharing this."
"Great recipe...tasted just like the ones my mom made 50 plus years ago..have been searching for this recipe for a long time and so happy I found it...thank you for sharing."
"These were incredible! I added just a dash of season-all to kick up the flavor."