Slow cooker pork with green chilies always makes my hungry clan happy. Getting creative with the leftovers is part of the fun. —Mary Shivers, Ada, Oklahoma
Featured In: 34 Dump Dinners for Your Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 16 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Optional toppings: chopped peeled mango, shredded lettuce, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Place pork in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix cider, green chilies, garlic, salt, pepper sauce, chili powder, pepper, cumin and oregano; pour over pork. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Using tongs, serve pork in tortillas with toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Place shredded pork in freezer containers; top with cooking juices. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Shredded Pork in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Reviews forGreen Chili Shredded Pork
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2016
"This had great flavor and was very tender. I'm going to try it with boneless chicken breast."