Pork Picadillo Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 24 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Mix garlic and seasonings; rub over pork. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add onion, apple, sweet pepper and tomatoes. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork; cool slightly. Shred meat into bite-size pieces; return to slow cooker. Stir in raisins and olives; heat through. Serve in lettuce leaves; sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 filled lettuce cup: 75 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 14, 2017
This is SOOOOOO awesome! So full of flavor. If you have picky children who don't eat a lot of veggies use tortillas instead of lettuce. They will love it! This is one of those recipes that will be a keeper and made often.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.