Fudgy Cocoa Drops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 balls. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 103 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 24, 2014
Like a few others, I didn't have ground almonds but made the cookies anyway. Warm from the oven these cookies are delectable and easily earn 5 stars, however, they quickly lose their brownie-like texture once they've cooled. I will likely make them again but next time I will reduce the baking time to a maximum 12 minutes as my oven runs hotter than most.
Nov 3, 2013
LOVED this recipe! I didn't have any type of nut so I just left it out. I ate it while it was still warm and it was so chocolaty and gooey! I will definitely be making these again in the near future!
Dec 9, 2011
I don't know what I did wrong but these turned out flat and not cake like at all!
Jun 5, 2011
Yummy, Love chocolate, easy to make.
Mar 21, 2011
This is an amazing cookie! It's my husbands new favorite chocolate recipe. We didn't have almonds so I used peanuts and we loved it. Will have to make a double or triple recipe next time so we might have some for the next day.
Jun 15, 2009
hi...you can buy ground almonds...but for your finances,just put in food processer and process away!!i have for years,started with my blender,then here came the processer...use pulse or you could end up with almond or nut butter.ground pecans are perfect for mex. wedding cookies.hope this helps you...sauceen
Jun 9, 2009
Ground almonds?? Do you buy them like that or ground them yourself?
Oct 12, 2008
Yum!! That's all...just yum!! (and fast too)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.