Fudgy Ice Cream Dessert
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze for 2-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle peanuts over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Spread with whipped topping (pan will be very full). Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Serve with hot fudge topping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 536 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jan 1, 2012
We went out for dinner with friends last night and back to our house for dessert. I made this...everyone really enjoyed it. I used toffee crunch instead of peanuts. So easy to make. Yummy!
May 27, 2009
This tastes like a Dairy Queen Buster Bar! It was so easy and so GOOD! We're not fans of whipped topping so I eliminated that. I made my own homemade fudge topping and covered the dessert with it and froze that too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.