- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground almonds
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 balls. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forFudgy Cocoa Drops
"Like a few others, I didn't have ground almonds but made the cookies anyway. Warm from the oven these cookies are delectable and easily earn 5 stars, however, they quickly lose their brownie-like texture once they've cooled. I will likely make them again but next time I will reduce the baking time to a maximum 12 minutes as my oven runs hotter than most."
"LOVED this recipe! I didn't have any type of nut so I just left it out. I ate it while it was still warm and it was so chocolaty and gooey! I will definitely be making these again in the near future!"
"I don't know what I did wrong but these turned out flat and not cake like at all!"
"hi...you can buy ground almonds...but for your finances,just put in food processer and process away!!i have for years,started with my blender,then here came the processer...use pulse or you could end up with almond or nut butter.ground pecans are perfect for mex. wedding cookies.hope this helps you...sauceen"
"Ground almonds?? Do you buy them like that or ground them yourself?"
"Yum!! That's all...just yum!! (and fast too)"