Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FUDGE FILLING:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape into forty-eight 1-in. balls. Place in greased mini-muffin cups. Bake 14-16 minutes or until light brown. Immediately press a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla until smooth. Fill each cookie with filling; sprinkle with peanuts. (If desired, refrigerate remaining filling; serve warm with ice cream.)
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 248 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 9, 2018
I made a gluten free versio using gluten free flour. Instead of ganache, I immediately, upon removing from oven, pushed a mini peanut butter cup into middle. Delicious.
Jan 1, 2018
I finally got around to making these. They showed up on my Instagram feed in the fall and looked yummy! They didn't disappoint. I did have some of the filling left but most was used. I used my tart shaper instead of a spoon handle which makes a larger impression. I can only guess that they were enjoyed by all as I only got to have 1 and they were all gone.
Dec 4, 2017
We really enjoyed these cookies. I love the size so there is not any over indulging. Also, very quick and easy to make.
Jun 20, 2017
These cookies are perfect for the holiday. The fudge filling is a perfect for the baked peanut butter cup.
Dec 6, 2016
I have been making these for 24 years! They are one of the must have items for my family at Christmas. I double the cookie batter and make one recipe of the fudge filling. I put the filling in a zip lock bag and cut off one corner. I tried this after trying many ways to get the filling in the cookie cup and it works best for me.
Nov 30, 2016
Made these for my daughter's bake sale fund raiser for a school trip. Excellent cookie These sold very quickly.
Dec 28, 2015
These were a hit! They taste even better than the usual peanut butter blossoms with a Hershey Kiss that gets hard after the cookie cools. The center stays soft in these cookies!
Dec 7, 2015
Oh my gosh! These are amazing. They were easy to make and so delicious. I had a lot of the filling leftover. I could have easily baked a second batch of the cookies and still have plenty of filling. They are so delicious, a second batch is a great idea!
Nov 1, 2015
I have made these for YEars. tHEY ARE A FAVORITE WITH MY family!!!! Excellent recipe..
Oct 31, 2015
i don't want to use the 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter what can i replace it with or can i just not put it in .. thanks
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.