Flaky Chicken Wellington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Unroll 1 tube of crescent dough into 1 long rectangle; press perforations to seal.
- Spread half the mustard over dough; top with half the chicken mixture to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Place cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cut slits in top. Repeat with remaining crescent dough, mustard and chicken mixture.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine sour cream and pickle juice; serve with pastries.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pastries on a parchment-lined baking sheet until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; return to freezer. To use, bake pastries on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until golden brown, 30-35 minutes. Prepare sauce as directed.
Nutrition Facts1/3 pastry with about 3 tablespoons sauce: 495 calories, 28g fat (6g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 9, 2019
So, I get annoyed when people post reviews to a recipe but do a ton of modifications to the original recipe. I mean, they're basically reviewing their own recipe and not the author's. But, guess what?! I'm going to be THAT person. Why? Because my wonderful hubby is on the keto diet (high fat/low carb). Enter this recipe. SUPER easy to transform into a keto friendly dish. I mixed the first 5 ingredients together, added some cubed cheddar, cooked bacon pieces, and a bit of mayo, dill pickle juice, and sour cream. Put it in a greased 8x8 baking pan, baked it at 350 until warmed and the cheese bubbly. Then served the mixture in keto tortillas. And BAM! A FANTASTIC keto meal!!! I'm already looking forward to making it again! So thank you for inspiring this bored keto chef :)