- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Sliced ripe olives, guacamole, chopped tomatoes and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, enchilada sauce, chilies, taco seasoning and pepper; heat through.
- Spread 1 cup meat mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with two tortillas, a third of the remaining meat mixture and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and meat mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with tortilla chips.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with olives, guacamole, tomatoes and sour cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Mexican Lasagna
"I have made this several times for my family and potluck functions.....all with great response. The only thing I do differently is add a drained can of corn or fiesta corn for a little extra crunch, and because we are all cheese lovers....... extra cheese! With enough vege toppings, dinner is served."
"I made this tonight for our family of three adults and we all loved it. The only change I made was using corn tortillas instead of flour because I had some leftover from another dish that I needed to use. I used low sodium taco seasoning. The crushed tortillas on the top give it a nice crunch when you eat it."
"Use lower sodium taco seasoning, I did and it helped to not make it overly salty as those seasoning packets always do. My boyfriend and I really enjoyed it. Also crush your chips very finely. Makes it easier to eat."
"This was fantastic! The whole family loved it. I did do a few things differently-I skipped the chilies (since my kids don't like them) and I added a touch of cumin. I also skipped the crushed chips and decided to top it w/ a layer of tortillas, enchilada sauce, and cheese. I will definitely make this again!"
"Great recipe. Made with corn tortillas and without the added calories of the crushed tortillas chips on top."
"This was great! I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't have black beans. I did one layer of flour tortilia on the bottom, instead of just starting with the meat on the bottom layer."
"I have tried many different mexican lasagne recipes, this one had everyone raving. Wonderful flavours. Guess it's a keeper."
"Made this recipe yesterday and was very good. Thanks."