- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 6-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Place milk and cocoa in a large saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until blended. Gradually stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFavorite Hot Chocolate
"I did not care for this, I just tried it tonight and will try a different recipe in the future. I used almond milk instead of water. This was very sweet I could taste vanilla with the bitter cocoa aftertaste."
"Very good, but I did make some changes. I used 6 c. of 1% milk and 1/2 c. half and half (since that's what I had on hand) and I used almond flavoring instead of vanilla. I swirled whipped cream on top and sprinkled it with cinnamon. Everyone loved it.I disagree that it wasn't sweet enough. I actually thought it was a bit too sweet, but a little more milk could have fixed it."
"The phone was ringing all day long I need I need that recipe loved it. At a school party for Christmas."
"Good chocolate taste... not sweet enough at all. Very bland. It should not be called "creamy" either because it's not creamy at all.... maybe make it with milk instead of water and add a little sugar... I won't be making this again."
"This is the hot chocolate recipe we took with us when we stayed at a log cabin in the mountains last winter!! Delicious and great memories too!!"
"This is my husbands new favorite hot chocolate. Thanks!"
"This is the best hot chocolate I've tasted. My kids always request it after they have been playing in the snow."