Family-Favorite Beef Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup and soup mix; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked beef with 1/2 cup gravy: 409 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Oct 5, 2016
Very easy to make and very tasty. Whole family loved it. Served over baked potatoes.I did not have beefy onion soup mix so I used regular onion soup mix and added 1 beef bouillon.
Feb 14, 2014
Great easy recipe that lets the beef do the talking! The beefy flavor comes out nicely in the hearty dish. I have substituted a pack of zesty italian salad dressing for the flavor also. Gives it just a little more zing. Great over any pasta or smashed potatoes.
Oct 9, 2013
I made this last night and it was fantastic! I tend to avoid recipes that call for meat and tomatoes unless it is a soup recipe. So glad I didn't pass this one up! Thanks for sharing this recipe. It will certainly be a family favorite in our house!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.