- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 envelope hollandaise sauce mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 4 large eggs
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 6 bacon strips, halved and cooked
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Grill buns, cut side down, until toasted. Meanwhile, prepare sauce mix according to package directions using milk; stir in mustard. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; reduce heat to low. Cook until desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired.
- Place lettuce, tomato and burgers on bottoms of buns; top with bacon, eggs and sauce. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forEggs Benedict Burgers
"I made these for guests last night. Big hit. Only change I made was to add a little of the sauce to the ground beef before forming the patties. One suggestion for the stone ground mustard; Slather the top of the burgers with the mustard when you put them on the grill. When done on that side flip on grill to mustard side down to the fire. You won't believe how juicy this makes the burger."
"I made these, as the author suggested, with leftover patties from grilling a couple nights ago. Although the recipe doesn't actually say to add the Hollandaise to the burger, I followed the picture. I used eggs that were poached to set the whites but leave the yolks runny (because that's how I like them!). This made the finished dish a little bit messy, but really delicious, nonetheless! In the future, I might try topping the egg with the Hollandaise at the top of the burger, so the bun has a chance to soak up more of the sauce and yolk, or maybe even serve open faced. At any rate, they were a hit, and a clever brunch item that everyone loved! I will definitely do this again!"