Easy Black Forest Torte
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sprinkle marshmallows in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour over the marshmallows. Spoon pie filling over batter. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Frost with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 3, 2019
I love this cake. Easy and impressive. I use real whipped cream for the top. Keeps well in the fridge. I also do not spoon all the extra goo on the cake; just the cherries and a little goo. Hope this helps!
May 18, 2017
This was easy to make and very good. Will make again. Thanks for the recipe.
Aug 12, 2016
This was just fun to prepare and oh so easy - this is in my top picks for desserts. really delicious
Nov 18, 2014
I've been making this cake since it first came out in Quick Cooking in 1998. My family love it! It's taste good, it's quick to make, plus it starts with a cake mix. It is the recipe I go to for a quick dessert to take someplace!
Dec 24, 2013
Easy breezy. Love black forest cake and this was so easy and yummy
Dec 14, 2013
This was an outstanding hit for my husbands birthday and the gang we had over to celebrate loved it. DELICIOUS!!!
Sep 10, 2013
do you really bake it for a hour i did and it burnt on me
Jul 21, 2012
I have made this recipe many times. It is easy to make and is always a hit in any group. We love it!
Mar 20, 2012
This recipe is a definite keeper! I used 1/2 water and 1/2 Amaretto in the cake mix and it was amazing!
Jan 20, 2011
Super easy and delicious!