Crisp Tomato Zucchini Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cover and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place zucchini in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large serving bowl; sprinkle with salt. Add the tomatoes and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce and garlic; shake well. Pour over vegetables and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 63 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 7, 2011
I really liked the flavors in this recipe. I may put less red onion in next time because it was just a little too much bite for me. Great recipe!!!!
Mar 1, 2011
Our family loved this. We deemed it "a keeper".
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.