Crisp Tomato Zucchini Salad
"Tomato Zucchini Salad is a crisp, colorful salad tossed with a delicious Dijon-tarragon vinaigrette," notes Suzanne Kesel of Cohocton, New York. "Try it in summer, too, when you can use fresh items from your garden."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add zucchini; cover and boil for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place zucchini in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a large serving bowl; sprinkle with salt. Add the tomatoes and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, tarragon, mustard, salt, hot pepper sauce and garlic; shake well. Pour over vegetables and gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 63 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Zucchini Tomato Parsley Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2008
Jul 7, 2011
I really liked the flavors in this recipe. I may put less red onion in next time because it was just a little too much bite for me. Great recipe!!!!
Mar 1, 2011
Our family loved this. We deemed it "a keeper".