- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, celery, onion, chili powder, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCreole Chicken
"We had this dish tonight and it was delicious. So easy to prepare. I made a couple of minor changes. I cut my chicken breast into strips to cook faster and it did. I also sprinkled them with creole seasoning before sauteing them to give them a little flavor thanks to a reviewer. I used fire roasted tomatoes and brown rice to complete the meal. This recipe is a real winner. Both hubby and I cleaned our plates.Volunteer Field Editor"
"This chicken recipe is great for a fast weeknight meal. I have made it a couple of times and it is definitely a keeper! Very tasty!"
"we loved this recipe i modfied it a bit and cubed the 2 chick breasts and browned them in a little olive oil, i used no salt added tomatoes, 1 green pepper, 2 ribs of celery, 2 med onions, tablespoon of chilli powder and tbs of thyme....it was fantastic"