Cool as a Cucumber Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- Additional chopped green onion and snipped fresh dill
- In a colander set over a bowl, toss cucumbers with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Squeeze and pat dry.
- Place the cucumbers, yogurt, onion and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Stir in dill. Serve immediately in chilled bowls. Garnish with additional onion and dill.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 40 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat-free milk.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 29, 2018
This soup is very easy to make and mild in flavor!
Aug 12, 2013
Accidentally used vanilla yogurt (but countered that with sour cream). I was out of green onion, so I used powdered white onion and added 1/8 tsp. black pepper.Quite refreshing and simple to make.
Sep 30, 2011
This soup is amazing! So easy and so good.
May 29, 2011
Very tasty-we enjoyed it very much!!