Cookie Crust Fruit Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange the strawberries, oranges and blueberries on top.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pineapple juice and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 294 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 29, 2012
Sep 4, 2011
My family loves this recipe and always request it for family gatherings. It is very easy to make and never fails.
Jun 19, 2010
Very easy to make and really nice summer dessert to share with friends.
Jun 19, 2009
This has been a very popular summer dessert for family gatherings. No one suspects that it has been "lightened up".