- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomatoes, broth and prepared rice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forContest-Winning Stuffed Pepper Soup
"I've made this several times and everyone always loves it!"
"My husband drooled over this recipe, and luck would have it "stuffed peppers were on our menu that wee". He cooks on the days I work part-time. this soup was amazing and we will be making this over and over again. Freezes well, for there's just us 2. Fabulous."
"This is one of our favorite soups. I use prepared brown rice and it is delicious. Other than that, I follow the recipe exactly. We both clean our plates."
"Super easy and soooo tasty! I like to add Italian herbs but it's surprisingly tasty for so few ingredients."
"this soup is sooo awesome !!!!! everyone who loves stuffed peppers needs to try this soup!!! I had to change almost everything but it was only because it was what I had on hand and I really wanted to try it and it turned out fantastic... I used ground sausage rather then hamburger, used two cans of diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano, one I just left as is the other I put into the food processor to make a sauce like consistency, used 3 medium fresh green peppers chopped, 2 cups of beef broth, and I had about 1/3 of a jar of jarred pasta sauce (leftover from a dinner I had earlier in the week figured why waste it !) and a bunch of spices including bay leaves!!! turned out great I regret not making more to freeze, oh n I didn't put the rice right in the pot incase I wanted to freeze it but there isn't any left!!!! try it you wont be sorry!!!"
"Instead of using the packaged rice mix I used about 2 cups leftover white rice , otherwise I followed the recipe as written. It was excellent!"
"This is such a quick recipe to make - all the flavor of stuffed peppers without the fuss!"