- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain and wild rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups frozen chopped green peppers, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, green peppers and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomatoes, broth and prepared rice; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews forContest-Winning Stuffed Pepper Soup
"This is one of our favorite soups. I use prepared brown rice and it is delicious. Other than that, I follow the recipe exactly. We both clean our plates."
"Super easy and soooo tasty! I like to add Italian herbs but it's surprisingly tasty for so few ingredients."
"this soup is sooo awesome !!!!! everyone who loves stuffed peppers needs to try this soup!!! I had to change almost everything but it was only because it was what I had on hand and I really wanted to try it and it turned out fantastic... I used ground sausage rather then hamburger, used two cans of diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano, one I just left as is the other I put into the food processor to make a sauce like consistency, used 3 medium fresh green peppers chopped, 2 cups of beef broth, and I had about 1/3 of a jar of jarred pasta sauce (leftover from a dinner I had earlier in the week figured why waste it !) and a bunch of spices including bay leaves!!! turned out great I regret not making more to freeze, oh n I didn't put the rice right in the pot incase I wanted to freeze it but there isn't any left!!!! try it you wont be sorry!!!"
"Instead of using the packaged rice mix I used about 2 cups leftover white rice , otherwise I followed the recipe as written. It was excellent!"
"This is such a quick recipe to make - all the flavor of stuffed peppers without the fuss!"
"I made this with soy crumbles instead of meat for a healthy alternative. I used Yves soy crumbles. I'll definitely make this again; my husband and I both loved it!"
"Thought I had everything I needed before I started this recipe but realized I was out of spaghetti sauce. However, after rummaging around I found a jar of Pace Picante sauce and used that. Oh my goodness, was it ever good!!!!! Plan to make it again and again and double the recipe for a freezer staple."