Cinnamon Star Cutouts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are firm and bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 78 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 7, 2014
The whole house smells wonderful! These are a simple crisp cookie...I really like them and will bake again and again. I will admit that I added a half teaspoon of anise extract after reading the other comments and I only baked 12 minutes. I am going to pipe white icing on them for the Christmas cookie platters.Two days later.....OK, on second batch...really like these. I tried half butter and half shortening this time...the cookies were some softer but lost a little of the butter flavor, so won't do that again. These cookies get better day to day. A real keeper as far as I am concernedOne thing I forgot...I sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar before baking and outline with white icing.
Jul 21, 2012
I found after they were baked they were so hard they almost broke my teeth
Mar 22, 2011
sooo good! tasted almost like gingerbread... would be great around the holidays! i made this with my little niece and nephew and they had fun picking out cookie cutters. tasty too :)
Jan 3, 2011
I followed the recipe as it was written. The cookies were dull. I will not be making these cookies again.
Dec 20, 2010
These cruncy little cookies are habit-forming! A co-worker brought them in originally, and I hounded her relentlessly for the recipe. The heavy cinnamon flavor sets these apart. I am baking them to give out as gifts. Bonus: Only 2 WW Points Plus per cookie!