Cinnamon Star Cutouts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until edges are firm and bottom of cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 78 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 7, 2014
The whole house smells wonderful! These are a simple crisp cookie...I really like them and will bake again and again. I will admit that I added a half teaspoon of anise extract after reading the other comments and I only baked 12 minutes. I am going to pipe white icing on them for the Christmas cookie platters.Two days later.....OK, on second batch...really like these. I tried half butter and half shortening this time...the cookies were some softer but lost a little of the butter flavor, so won't do that again. These cookies get better day to day. A real keeper as far as I am concernedOne thing I forgot...I sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar before baking and outline with white icing.
Jul 21, 2012
I found after they were baked they were so hard they almost broke my teeth
Mar 22, 2011
sooo good! tasted almost like gingerbread... would be great around the holidays! i made this with my little niece and nephew and they had fun picking out cookie cutters. tasty too :)
Jan 3, 2011
I followed the recipe as it was written. The cookies were dull. I will not be making these cookies again.
Dec 20, 2010
These cruncy little cookies are habit-forming! A co-worker brought them in originally, and I hounded her relentlessly for the recipe. The heavy cinnamon flavor sets these apart. I am baking them to give out as gifts. Bonus: Only 2 WW Points Plus per cookie!