Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Because we love cinnamon rolls, I created a slow-cooker recipe to make for a weekend breakfast or brunch. This is a delectable, no-fuss recipe and perfect for company and family. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 tubes (12.4 ounces each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place half of the cinnamon roll pieces in a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, syrup, vanilla and cinnamon until blended; pour over rolls. Top with remaining cinnamon roll pieces and remaining chocolate chips. Top with 1 packet of icing.
- For topping, mix flour, brown sugar and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in remaining pecans. Sprinkle over icing. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until rolls are set. Remove crock insert to a cooling rack and top with remaining icing. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 492 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon Roll Casserole with Streusel Topping in Simple & Delicious October/November 2018