Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 2 tubes (12.4 ounces each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Place half of the cinnamon roll pieces in a greased 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. In a small bowl, whisk the milk, syrup, vanilla and cinnamon until blended; pour over rolls. Top with remaining cinnamon roll pieces and remaining chocolate chips. Top with 1 packet of icing.
- For topping, mix flour, brown sugar and pie spice; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in remaining pecans. Sprinkle over icing. Cook, covered, on low 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until rolls are set. Remove crock insert to a cooling rack and top with remaining icing. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 492 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
May 4, 2020
I would love to try this but prefer to bake it in the oven. Do I use a 9X13 pan and how long should it bake at 375 degrees?
Mar 13, 2020
I confess to a small change, I used the oven- but this is a wonderful recipe- glad I found it
Nov 25, 2018
This was a great treat for breakfast. Instead of putting it in the slow cooker I did bake it in the oven at 375 until it was cooked through.